Tuesday, June 23, 2009

update

sunday: sundae, scampi, start trek.

today: banana bread.

tomorrow: the world.





shrimp scampi recipe: saute 1/2 cup olive oil, 1 stick of butter, 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of parsley and 3 crushed cloves of garlic. Add 1/2 cup cooking sherry (of, if you ran out like us, 1/4 cup cooking sherry, 1/4 cognac). Add 2 and 1/2 tablesoons of lemon juice. add about a pound of shrimp and saute until pink (my aunt warned me not to over cook them, so now I will warn you: They cook quick, don't over cook them) Serve over 1/2 a box of linguine...or even more if you see your sauce getting saucy ;)
tastes best eaten with two forks out of a bowl, while watching a ridiculous episode of television show of your choice (ours was Star Trek, season 3)

I'll post a banana bread recipe eventually. Today I'm trying out a glaze over it, and I can't decide to do a lemony or vanilla-ey one.

2 comments: